Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New blogs - first task

We are beginning another blogging season at KJO :) As usual not everyone is happy about it, but I hope most of you will find some enjoyment in the project. There are several reasons why we are doing this:
  • to give you some space where you can use written English for real communication rather than pure practice for its own sake
  • to make you reflect on some events in the world around us
  • to get you to know one another better (also across groups) before you finish your studies
  • to give some of you an opportunity to share your passions or thoughts with us
  • to let you find out how to work with your future students on blogs as part of a class project
For a start, please write your first post about the place you come from and how you feel about it. If it is Poznań or some other big city, think locally, in terms of your neighborhood. Don't give us the type of information we could find in a guidebook, but let us see the place through your own eyes. It would be great if you could place a picture of it in your post.

7 comments:

koozaa said...

Time flies...:)

AgataL said...

:) Yeah... Great that you still care to check what's going on here. I sincerely hope you are feeling better with your cold. Keep warm and take care :)

koozaa said...

Thanks, teacher! Now Peter's ill, but that's the way the cookie crumbles:) It's always nice to drop in here from time to time and see big changes taking place inside our lovely building:)

Zofia Mk said...

That's a very nice task. Challenging when you try to find something that hasn't been mentioned in guidebooks. It is always a challenge when you try to see something with your own eyes, and find "yourself" in a place you live. If you don't mind, I'll try to write something about the place(s) I come from :)
(when I find time;))

AgataL said...

Please do, Zofia, by all means :) I'm sure it's gonna be interesting. BTW, I've read about half of your hitch-hiking story (amazing!), but haven't found enough time to finish it yet. One of the things left for the December conference break. The problem is that if I were to do everything I have planned, the break would need to be twice as long. But I guess it's not only me :)

Zofia Mk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zofia Mk said...

The funniest thing is that I haven't finished writing my hitch-hiking stories yet... so be prepared for at least four more ;)