Sunday, April 20, 2008

Technological Revolution! :D



WHEW! HURRAY! WOW!
Finally, after years of frustration, we have brand-new, spick-and-span, sleek COMPUTERS in our lab!!! We deserve them, don't we? The frustration of applications freezing at the most inconvenient time, the pain of waiting for ages till the PC boots and starts doing what WE want it to... Well, it's all over now :)
There may be a few weeks of getting used to the new working environment, but it's usually quite easy to learn and accept things that bring changes for the better. I'm glad that the current group of students will have the opportunity to feel the difference. Next year students will not be able to appreciate it - after all, it's going to be just what everyone simply expects: a lab with normal, modern computers.
All this has inspired my first blogging task for you:
Please try to remember your first computer experiences. Was it your elder sister's computer? Or your friend's? Or was it at school? What did you do with it? Play simulation or strategy games? Chat? Copy music CDs? Use Paint to make pictures? Do homework? Who taught you to use it? How did you like it? Lots of questions pop up, so choose just a few.
Write a few sentences to share those memories with everybody. And then comment on what some of your friends have written. I'm really looking forward to reading these stories. :)

11 comments:

Dżoana said...

:)
I think I was among the students who were the first to use those state-of-the-art computers today;)
Well, one thing less to complain about;)

Zofia Mk said...

hurray! :)
changes for better in KJO ?
high time!!! ;)))

AgataL said...

Isn't it? ;) Come back quick, so that you can feel them!

Missing in action said...

I liked those old computers that were slow and had problems when you were opening too many programs at once :)
But nothing beats C64 :D

AgataL said...

Hi Karmen! Good to see you here again :) I don't think I'm going to miss the old junk any time soon. But who knows, maybe a day WILL come some day, when I become sentimental about them. Like in that clip about Commodore on your blog.
Cheers! ;)

Missing in action said...

Yeah, I remember playing on C64 and fighting over it with my brother. Of course than we were fighting over PC (32RAM, P166, 2GB od disk space - that was something back then).

Luke said...

Hi everybody,

My first experience with PC? Well, it was ages ago :p but as I remember the main reason was to HAVE FUN. Unfortunately, it's all over now- I WORK on my laptop. :( Missing the good old days...ha!ha!

CU at KJO :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nataluv said...

congratulations

AgataL said...

Thank you! Good to know you're still around :)
All the best!

Agnieszka said...

Well, well, well....I'm impressed, brand new equipment. Congrats :)